Saturday, July 12, 2008

Leaving Paris

I guess that it is a good thing to feel like there hasn't been enough time... it means the necessity, or perhaps inevitability, of return. The past 6 days have whizzed by. I got to see some favourite sights (Musée d'Orsay, Louvre, Centre Georges Pompidou), I got to see some new ones, (the Paris sewers, the film museum), and I got to visit friends... thank you to Roemary, Frederic, and Chih for helping make my stay here even better.

Yesterday, we went to a spiffy wine bar... I should have noted the name (I'll give an update, if I find out); we had two impressive bottles of wine and a tasty dinner (same note on the wines... details, details... they are important). I hadn't met Frederic, Rosemary's partner, yet, but it was great doing so. Here he is living in one of the great cities of the world, and he can't wait to move to Canada. They are going to be in Montréal at the end of the year, so I guess we'll have to go visit them there! (they have to stop living in cool places, if they don't want a lot of visitors)

I have to make this quick; I have to check out of the hotel, and then it is on to Locquirec! (look that up on google maps) My stay at the Hotel du Parc Montsouris has been great; it is close to the RER line (a direct link to the airport), and is right across from the lovely eponymous park.

I am not sure when I will get a chance to type this again soon, but stay tuned; there will be updates.

3 comments:

Ro said...

Details such as the name of the restaurant I forgot to retrieve, BUT Frederic and I (once we finish picking ourselves off the floor from reading your uproariously witty, charming and funny blog) are happy to provide the wine label names.

The first one was (drumroll please...) **Crozes Hermitage 2007** courtesy of winemaker Crombier (with a flowery flourish) and the second was Madiran, which was 100% Malbec grape but different from the Argentine variety.

It was a pleasure seeing you as well Peter -- it's a pity your return flight doesn't bring you back here again at the end of the summer! SEE you in Montreal perhaps next!

claudio said...

Peter. Glad to see you had such a great time in Paris. Could there be any other kind of time???? I am just walking out the door to head for the airport. Looking forward to fun and adventure when I see you next in Rome. Ciao Baby

Ro said...

I passed by Grands Boulevards the other day, so I now can give you the restaurant name: Le Zinc de Cavistes