Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-jig

Well, I made it safely back to Prince George, after a rather uneventful flight from Frankfurt to Vancouver, then an overnight stay with Melinda's parents [thank you very much, B+M], then an equally uneventful flight to Prince George, where I was met by Melinda and Bergman...there was much butt wiggling and face licking, and Bergman was happy to see me, too! [hardeeharhar]. In all seriousness, it was great to be home, even though the trip was over much too soon.

After a long night's sleep in Vancouver, I took Melinda's folks out for lunch... they are a rather cheap date, because they just love Hon's on Robson [House of Noodles], and there is plenty to like, there... if you like noodles. I had egg noodles and barbequed pork in special broth. The lay-over was beneficial, as I wasn't completely jet-lagged when I got to Prince George... although, I still wouldn't volunteer to answer the hard question even today... I have cotton-batting between the ears.

I spent a couple of hours catching up with the garden... it has exploded... the past month has been hot and then cool, dry and then wet, so much growth and death has occurred. Melinda, even though a bit phobic of dirt and bugs and stuff, managed to keep most things alive during this trying period... thank you, very much for doing so [I can speak almost directly, considering the low readership of this blog!]... I know it is not your thing and I felt bad leaving you with a relatively heavy maintenance load.

This instant, I am avoiding thinking about other work that needs to be done, including preparing for the new semester... maybe tomorrow.

While the impetus to begin this blog when I did was to record the events of my trip and to keep in touch with friends during time away, I will be continuing to type away, so keep having a look, if you are interested... reviews and rants and updates will come your way.


No comments: