Sunday, June 29, 2008

getting excited about travel

I am leaving next week for a 5 week European trip. After landing in Paris and staying for 6 days, it will be on to Locquirec, Brittany, to visit Nicole, my French instructor, for a few days in her home village. I hope that I do not embarrass her with my egregious French... perhaps her friends and family are as gracious and patient as she is.

Leaving Locquirec it's on to Aix en Provence for a three-day visit. I am hoping to be able to travel North to Apt, to see the Tour de France pass by [evidently at 12:44 pm on July 19... pretty precise, n'est ce pas?]. As well, I would like to wander around on Mont Ste-Victoire, a favourite topic of one of my favourite painters, Cezanne.

Next, it will be on to Canale Monterano, Italy, to visit my friend, Claudio, and his family and friends. It is a paradise of a small town, and I look forward to my 10 days there. I will make an updated Canale reference, soon.

After Canale, I will go to Venice for 3 days, then Vienna for 3 days, and finally Frankfurt for 4 days, visiting my friends Martin and Arabella. On August 10, I fly back to Prince George... boo hoo.

Thinking about travel makes me think about great past trips. Here's a little video taken on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice... again video credit goes to Melinda:


No comments: